Scott Sumner: A Personal Injury Lawyer Pursuing Your Best Interests
Sumner Law represents real people against big business and big insurance. We understand how tragedy and injury affects people and their families. We guide you through difficult times and deliver results in the legal system and the courtroom. For the care and expertise you need, contact Scott Sumner, your personal injury lawyer in Walnut Creek, CA.
Meet the PedalLawyer: Scott Sumner
With 25 years of experience as a personal injury advocate, Scott Sumner is a recognized and respected leader in preserving victim's rights. He has successfully secured millions of dollars in compensation for victims around the Bay Area and California. A victim of vehicle accidents himself, he particularly focuses on pursuing compensation for those injured in bike accidents.
A relentless and principled attorney, Scott Sumner is widely recognized and respected by both personal injury victim's and insurance's defense bars.
If you have suffered harm due to the fault of another, you probably have a lot of questions:
- I have been out of work for months. Who’s going to pay for my lost wages?
- I’ve got thousands of dollars in medical costs. How am I going to pay for that?
- The mortgage payment is past due. How can we make that payment?
- I have kids and I can barely get out of bed. How am I going to take care of them?
- The insurance company has denied my claim. What am I going to do?
- The insurance company has offered me a settlement, but I think it’s too low. What should I do?
We answer questions like these and provide solutions for our clients every day. The sooner these questions get answered, the sooner your life will return to normal.
Millions Recovered for Our Clients
We have recovered millions of dollars for clients who have suffered serious injuries or lost a loved one due to the fault of others. Most of our clients have suffered serious, catastrophic and life-changing injuries, serious financial loss, and wrongful death.
Proven Success In The Courtroom
Scott Sumner’s track record in the courtroom has garnered praise from his peers, the judiciary, and a respected reputation throughout California. This praise has been earned by taking difficult personal injury cases against powerful defendants – and winning.
Free Initial Consultation
If you, a loved one, or friend has suffered a life-changing personal injury or the loss of a loved one, we would recommend the following:
- First, it is extremely important to preserve any evidence, so that it can be used later to prove your case in court. Pictures, names and contact information for witnesses, physical evidence. Time is of the essence, so you have to move fast.
- Second, find out about your legal rights. To do that, you need an attorney experienced in personal injury and insurance matters to help you.
We understand that many of you have never spoken with an attorney and are not familiar with this process. When you contact us for a free initial consultation, you will receive prompt attention and advice. We will go over your situation in detail and explain the options available to you.
If we then work together on your case, we will:
- Complete the investigation needed to evaluate your case
- Obtain your medical or other records
- Negotiate a settlement that takes care of your needs
- Litigate your case in court if necessary
Our Walnut Creek Office
Located in Walnut Creek, CA, our legal firm provides representation to personal injury clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Our office is situated on Newell Avenue, just off of South Broadway and across the street from Las Lomas High School. Do not hesitate to contact our office with any questions or concerns if you or a loved one has been injured. At Sumner Law, we are here to help you during this difficult time.
Awards and Honors
CAALA Ian Herzog Award Appellate Lawyer of the Year 2010
Scott Sumner awarded the SFTLA Champion of Justice Award in 2010
CAOC Robert E. Cartwright, Sr. Award In Recognition of Excellence In Trail Advocacy And Dedication To Teaching Trial Advocacy To Colleagues And To The Public 2009
Recent Blog Posts