Texting and Driving Can Cause Serious Accidents and Life-Changing Injuries for Victims
California law prohibits drivers from using a handheld cellphone while driving. The lives of other automobile drivers, truck drivers, motorcyclists, and bicyclists are placed at risk each time someone decides to text and drive. Texting and driving accidents can lead to devastating, life-changing injuries, or even death. Personal injury lawyer Scott Sumner in Walnut Creek, CA, has been representing victims for over 25 years. He has recovered millions in compensation for his clients, and he can help you pursue just compensation following your accident. To schedule a complimentary review of your case, send us an online message or call us at (925) 278-6170.
Texting while driving is illegal and incredibly dangerous.
Texting and Driving Statistics
Although the act of reading or sending a text may seem harmless, cell phone use while driving can have devastating consequences:
- 26 percent of all car accidents in 2014 were linked to cell phone use
- Nine people on average are killed each day and another 1,000 are injured due to distracted driving
- Texting while driving is more dangerous than drinking and driving
Injuries Resulting from Texting and Driving
Both minor and catastrophic injuries can occur as a result of a texting and driving accident. These include:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Loss of limb
- Broken bones
- Wrongful Death
These injuries can have permanently debilitating effects. In some cases, your injury can prevent you from working or engaging in the daily activities you once enjoyed. Rather than settling with an insurance company, you should seek the help of a personal injury lawyer.
Mr. Sumner provides free consultations and can represent you on a contingency basis. You will not pay for our legal services until we recover the compensation you deserve.
How We Can Help
Mr. Sumner and his team can guide you through the legal process and assist with each area of your case, including:
- Establishing Liability: We know which evidence, reports, and records to compile to help you build a strong case against the negligent party.
- Assessing Your Losses: Depending on the extent of your injuries, you may be entitled to recover compensation for past, current, and future medical expenses, long-term medical care, physical therapy or rehabilitation, loss of wages, and pain and suffering. We work with experts to make accurate estimates of the toll of your injuries.
- Coordinating Medical Care: Your health is important to us. We can help arrange the care you need.
- Pursuing a Trial: If he cannot negotiate a settlement that is favorable for you, Mr. Sumner is prepared to take your case to trial.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Mr. Sumner is consistently voted among the Top 100 Personal Injury Lawyers in Northern California by his peers, and has been designated a Northern California SuperLawyer since 2005. Mr. Sumner provides free consultations and can represent you on a contingency basis. You will not pay for our legal services until we recover the compensation you deserve. To schedule a free review of your case, call us today at (925) 278-6170 or contact our team online.