According to product liability law, consumers have the right to expect the products they use to be safe. They do not expect to be injured due to a defect in the design or manufacture of the product. If there are any dangers to the use of the product, the law also says consumers have a right to expect a warning so they are aware of the risks.
When someone is injured or killed by dangerous products and machines, they and their families deserve to be compensated for their losses. Scott Sumner and Sumner Law can help you hold to account the manufacturers, distributors and suppliers who fail to fulfill their legal obligations to produce safe products.
Some examples of product liability cases include, but are not limited to:
- Defective consumer products
- All types of machinery and tools
- Heavy equipment
- Recreational equipment such as bicycles
- Toys and cribs for children
- Automobile design defects which may involve air bags, brakes, seatbelts and other problems that cause injury
- Chemicals sold without warnings of the risk
- Medical devices which are defective
- Pharmaceuticals, either over-the-counter or prescription
If you were injured due to the use of a defective product, or due to the use of a dangerous product that came without a warning, you need the assistance of an experienced product liability attorney.
Scott H.Z. Sumner of Sumner Law is a an attorney who has more than two-and-one-half decades of experience advocating on behalf of those who have been injured by dangerous products. He recognizes that in most product liability cases, an individual is going up against a large corporation. He is relentless and principled as he fights for his clients against what may seem like the unlimited resources of the manufacturers, suppliers and distributors.
Attorney Sumner provides a free consultation. He will review the evidence you have preserved and the facts of your case and advise you on how to proceed. If you come to a mutual agreement to work together, he will:
- Complete an investigation and evaluation, reviewing any physical evidence and interviewing witnesses.
- Obtain all of your medical records for review.
- If it seems to be in your best interest, he will work to negotiate a settlement that will meet your needs.
- If fair and just compensation requires going to court, he will be thoroughly prepared and work vigorously on your behalf so you can achieve all the compensation to which you are legally entitled.
The law requires you to file a product liability lawsuit within a certain period of time after your injury, and it is vital to preserve the evidence you need to bring your case. It is imperative that you contact an attorney as soon as possible if you or someone you love has been injured.
Product Liability Attorney in Walnut Creek, Contra Costa County, Alameda County, San Francisco City and County, San Jose County, Sacramento County, throughout the Bay Area, Northern California, Central California, and throughout the State of California.
Contact Sumner Law to discuss your Product Liability case today. The first consultation is free; call Scott Sumner now, at (925) 278-6170.
Recent Blog Posts
Specialized Legal Help for Trucking Accidents Involving a BicycleApr 09th 2018The injuries from trucking accidents involving bicycles can be life changing. The attorneys of Sumner Law pursue full compensation in...