Get Compensation When Injured By A Dangerous Or Defect Product
According to product liability law, consumers have the right to expect the products they use to be safe. They do not expect to be injured due to a defect in the design or manufacture of the product. If there are any dangers to the use of the product, consumers have a right to expect a warning so they are aware of the risks.
When someone in the Oakland metro area or elsewhere is injured or killed by dangerous products and machines, they and their families deserve to be compensated for their losses. Scott Sumner and Sumner Law in Walnut Grove can help you hold to account the manufacturers, distributors and suppliers who fail to fulfill their legal obligations to produce safe products.
Examples Of California Product Liability Instances
Some examples of product liability cases include, but are not limited to:
- Defective consumer products
- All types of machinery and tools
- Heavy equipment
- Recreational equipment such as bicycles
- Toys and cribs for children
- Automobile design defects which may involve air bags, brakes, seat belts and other problems that cause injury
- Chemicals sold without warnings of the risk
- Medical devices that are defective
- Pharmaceuticals, either over the counter or prescription
If you were injured due to the use of a defective product, or due to the use of a dangerous product that came without a warning, you need the assistance of an experienced product liability attorney.
Scott H.Z. Sumner of Sumner Law is an attorney who has more than two and a half decades of experience advocating on behalf of those who have been injured by dangerous products. He recognizes that in most product liability cases, an individual is going up against a large corporation. He is relentless and principled as he fights for his clients against what may seem like the unlimited resources of the manufacturers, suppliers and distributors.
Attorney Sumner provides a free consultation. He will review the evidence you have preserved and the facts of your case, and advise you on how to proceed. If you come to a mutual agreement to work together, he will:
- Complete an investigation and evaluation, reviewing any physical evidence and interviewing witnesses
- Obtain all of your medical records for review
- Negotiate a settlement that will meet your needs, if it seems to be in your best interest
- Thoroughly prepare and work vigorously on your behalf if fair and just compensation requires going to court, so you can achieve all the compensation to which you are legally entitled
The law requires you to file a product liability lawsuit within a certain period of time after your injury, and it is vital to preserve the evidence you need to bring your case. It is imperative that you contact an attorney as soon as possible if you or someone you love has been injured.
Our product liability attorneys in Walnut Creek, Contra Costa County, Alameda County, San Francisco city and county, San Jose County, Sacramento County, throughout the Bay Area, Northern California, central California and throughout the state of California.